What if my fiancé (e) has children? Can they immigrate with him/her?
Children of the Fiancé (e) can immigrate using a K2 visa . These types of visas are issued with a K-1 visa and are requested as part of the initial K-1 visa application. Furthermore, the children can apply to become legal permanent residents provided their parent marries within the required 90 days. However, because the Child Status Protection Act has been interpreted as not applying to K2 visa holders, it is important that any K2 visa holder has their status adjusted before they turn 21. If they do not, they will exceed the age limit and may not be able to stay in the US.

Can I work when I arrive with my K-1 visa?
Yes, you can apply for work authorization as soon as you arrive in the US.

Do I need to hire an attorney for my K-1 visa application? Why should I not just do this on my own?
There is no law in the US that states you need an attorney to file a K-1 visa application . However, as mentioned previously, the main cause of delay, and denial, in K-1 visa applications would be in a case with an inaccurate and poorly prepared application. When you hire an immigration attorney to represent you, you decrease the amount of strain and insecurity you will experience as you go through this process. The chances that everything will be prepared correctly and your case will be approved (without delays) are increased. The Law Offices of Suzanne E. Vazquez, P.A. is a firm that can provide this tranquility; we will take the case off your hands while ensuring all the correct procedures are followed.

What if I have had some criminal problems in my home country?
Criminal problems can become a serious obstacle to immigration to the US. However, it does depend on the severity of the crimes committed. These crimes would need to be expertly examined to determine the likelihood of you seeking immigration to the US. To discuss this further, please contact us .

How long will it take to obtain my K-1 visa?
The length of time can vary greatly. The time scale can depend on things such as how busy the consulate is with immigration applications. Please contact us for a more accurate breakdown of time, as in order for this to be accurate, we must check close to the time of filing.

What sort of things will I get medically examined on?
Regardless of age, every applicant must undergo a full medical examination by an authorized medical Physician. The medical examination will include a review of the applicant's medical history, physical examination, chest X-ray, and blood tests. The physical examination will at least include examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, skin, and external genitalia. There are several steps involved in seeking a medical examination. The doctor that carries out the test must be permitted to do examinations for immigration purposes and you must inform the doctor that the medical test is for immigration purposes. Furthermore, you will incur separate costs. For further information, please contact us

What if I am ineligible for a K-1 visa?
Some activities may make you ineligible for a visa. Examples of these ineligibilities can include: drug trafficking or submitting fraudulent documents. Fraudulent documents can include false dates of births or false financial records.

If you are ineligible for a visa, you will be informed by the Consular Officer. There are many forms of ineligibilities, but US Immigration Attorney Suzanne Vazquez will discuss such issues at length and ensure that you meet the criteria before you undergo any significant undertakings.

Contact our Board Certified Immigration Attorney for your K1 Visa Application

If you are looking into the possibility of applying for a K1 Visa, contact Suzanne E. Vazquez today! Florida immigration attorney Suzanne Vazquez is certified as an expert in Immigration and Nationality Law by the FL Bar. Call us at (407) 674-6968 during office hours or email us at info@ImmigrationHelpToday.com and we will call you right back. If you prefer to see us at our Tampa location , please call us at 813-400-0055 to make an appointment. If you have an emergency after office hours please call us at (407) 925-2554 and we will contact you shortly.

Full Website